FAMILY DAY IN THE PARK SET UP INSTRUCTIONS – JUNE 7, 2024
TIME & GENERAL DETAILS
- Rain or Shine! Plan accordingly!
- The event runs from noon-6pm. Please plan to keep your booth open until 6pm, unless previous arrangements have been made.
- Set up time will begin at 9:00 a.m. (unless previously arranged). If you don’t need much set up time, plan accordingly … As long as you are set up and ready to interact with the public by 11:45. (It is VERY busy at 9:00am … the Parks people are fabulous, but there is a limit on how many vehicles can be let in at one time … If your set-up is easy, please take that into account and come a little later if possible – it will make everyone’s life easier!!).
- Vendors must provide their own tents, tables, chairs (if required). Tents/pop-ups must be weighted down (NO STAKES).
- SPACE: The official “vendor space” is 10′ by 10′, but booth spaces will be marked at about 12′ wide, and they will likely be much deeper — so you can position your table/activity accordingly. ALL booths must set up 5′ back from paved walkways to allow for emergency access.
PLEASE NOTE: We’ve been reviewing requests and placement notes on applications, but if you have have a specific request, please email [email protected] so we can try our best to accommodate … We’re getting many “last minute” apps, so would rather be reminded :).
- Please review the additional general information as agreed to on your vendor application (copied/pasted below).
- We will try to have “point people” located on site near the city garage … if you need anything (lost and found etc.) during the event.
- ELECTRICITY: Food or vendors who need power need 10 gauge electrical cords. PERIOD.
- RETAIL VENDORS! KEEP SCROLLING DOWN – WE NEED TO PROVIDE THE STATE WITH YOUR INFO. SEE LINK/EVENT ID BELOW!
- EARLY DEPARTURE?: No cars will be allowed back inside the park until 6:00pm, so if you want/need to leave early, you will need to pack your stuff out of the park sans car. (Exceptions include a few of the larger vehicles who have already made arrangements for earlier departure).
- PARKING: You need to pay for parking. The cost of parking lots varies! (E.g. Memorial Field/Carousel is $1.00/hour, but across the street at the museum is $2/hour!)
Download Parking Cost PDF >>
City of CDA Parking Info >>
- GENERAL event FAQ: http://nifamily.com/faq/
Event Info (from Vendor App):
BOOTHS – Outside Spaces are approx.10′ x 10′. Vendor provides display tables, chairs, etc. Set up begins at 9:00 a.m., June 9. No early set-up unless by special arrangement. Event opens at 12:00 p.m. Booths will close at 6:00 p.m. (Subject to change) Space is limited and application does not guarantee participation. Family-friendly activities and/or giveaways are strongly recommended, especially for our “for-profit” participants!
YOUTH RETAIL VENDORS – Items must be primarily MADE or GROWN or PRODUCED by kids 16 and under). Parent/Adult supervision is required at ALL TIMES during the event.
SALES TAX – All sales are made directly to the vendor who is responsible for the collection and payment of sales tax to the State of Idaho and Kootenai County. North Idaho Family Group (event organizer) is required to submit contact information for each retail vendor to the State of Idaho. SEE STATE TAX DETAILS/EVENT ID BELOW. If you need a temporary seller’s permit, or have further questions, please contact the Idaho State Tax Commission at 800-972-7660.
IMPORTANT – Vendor agrees not to dismantle display until 6:00 p.m., unless previously arranged. No sub-leasing or sharing of booth(s). Acceptance of any company, person, or exhibit is entirely at the discretion of the North Idaho Family Group, Inc. Terms & conditions are subject to change prior to the event. Giveaways & promotional items are encouraged, but promotional/logo bags are exclusive to designated event sponsor. No logo/promotional bag distribution allowed except for designated sponsor.
I/we hereby release liability & indemnify to the fullest extent allowable by law, Family Day in the Park, North Idaho Family Group, Inc., the City of Coeur d’Alene, and all volunteers associated with this event. I/We/Vendor will solely be responsible for my own product liability. I/We/Vendor have read all of the rules and regulations and agree to abide by them. I/We/Vendor is responsible to obtain all permits, licenses and insurance, and to comply with any applicable city codes and agrees booth space will be clean at close of the event.
North Idaho Family Marketplace!
WE HAVE REGISTERED THE EVENT WITH THE STATE PER REQUIREMENTS … PLEASE SEE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR YOUR TEMPORARY SELLERS PERMIT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE!
Event ID: 1890713600
Start Date: June 09, 2023
End Date: June 09, 2023
Location: 415 FORT GROUND DRIVE
COEUR DALENE, ID 83814-0000
Have ALL your event PARTICIPANTS do the following:
Go to tax.idaho.gov/GoToTAP and under “Sellers and Promoters” click “Register as a Temporary Seller or Promoter.”
Choose “Seller WITH Event ID” > “Next”
Choose “I am going to an event” > “Next”
Enter the Event ID > “Next”
Enter your Seller Information > “Next”
Choose Purpose: “I am not making taxable sales,” “I have a regular permit” or “I need a temporary permit.” > “Next”
Review your entry > “Submit”
Check your email account for further instructions or attached Temporary Sellers Permit (if applicable).
YES, all participants need to register but NO, Regular Sales & Use Tax holders do NOT need a Temp Permit.
More information is available on our website at tax.idaho.gov/pse1.
If you have any technical difficulties, contact us at [email protected].
If you have questions about sales tax or being an event promoter, email [email protected] or call (208) 334-7660 in the Boise area or toll-free at (800) 972-7660. Hearing-impaired callers, use the Idaho Relay Service at (800) 377-3529.