The Fall 2017 issue of the North Idaho Family Magazine kicked off a series on “Adulting.” This issue features “10 Tips & Tricks” compiled by guest columnist and “adulting specialist,” Ariel Mesenbrink.
- Heritage Health has a sliding scale based on your income. You may only end up paying $20 or so for a full checkup. Heritage Health has multiple North Idaho locations, as well as a Mobile Clinic. (Finally get that weird rash looked at!)
- FamilyWize provides free prescription discount cards, helping everyone get access to the medicine they need
- STCU offers free classes on organizing your finances and figuring out credit scores at least twice a month in multiple North Idaho Locations.
- No time to figure out how to do taxes? No problem! Tax-aide does free tax preparation for you at the Silverlake Mall.
- Ready! For Kindergarten in Post falls, Lakeland, and Coeur d’Alene school districts offers free parent workshops on how to make sure your 2-5yo is meeting all the benchmarks they need before they toddle off to school. Lots of free educational toys if you go
- St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Stores offer 50% everything on Wednesdays.
- Legal Link services are available Tuesday and Thursday from 1pm-3pm from St. Vincent de Paul (H.E.L.P. Center) for free. Know your rights!
- The Kroc Center will let you apply for scholarships so you can stay in tip-top shape this new year.
- www.vistacampus.gov/glossary-financial-terms is an excellent glossary of financial terms.
- Find healthy & easy-to-make meals at www.whatscooking.fns.usda.gov. It even helps filter ingredients if you are on food stamps.
Ariel Mesenbrink is the AmeriCorps VISTA Leader at the United Way of North Idaho.